Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Roasted Vegetable Pasta



We begin the post with an honesty check: On a day where I've been counting the hours between dayquil doses (we've both come down with a head cold), and with the busy season upon me (aka many more working hours), my temptation to simply eat a bowl of cereal for dinner is incredibly high.  And I must admit, that the only reason for my cooking myself something for dinner tonight (David is visiting family, I'm at home due to sickness), is so that the blog will go on, and perhaps my health.

And so, tonight's fare: A heart healthy combo of vegetables with some hearty pasta.

Roasted Vegetables:

1 portobello mushroom (leftover from a package & used throughout the week)
4 roma tomaotes, sliced in chunks
1 red onion, sliced (cleared up my sinuses)
1 head of broccoli (not called for in the recipe, but we had it, so I threw it in)
toss with a bit of olive oil, season with salt & pepper
Roast in 475 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, stopping about halfway through to toss

Toss it all with some bowtie pasta, sprinkle with a little of freshly grated parmesan, and I managed to make myself the perfect alternative to a bowl of cereal.

1 comment:

  1. I have strep throat and Parkinson's disease and I cooked these lamb shanks while battling rampant epileptic seizures: http://ordinaryrecipesmadegourmet.com/lamb-shanks.jpg

    But I guess your situation is hard and your food looks good. Get well soon!

    Kisses, Cam.

    ReplyDelete