Friday, January 8, 2010

Italian BBQ Chicken and Polenta



RIP CITY!!!

Thanks to the Blazer's win tonight we have a fantastic end to a wonderful dinner! Tonight we expanded our boundaries into the wonderful world of Italian Polenta!

Polenta is essentially corn meal with the consistency of mashed potatoes. Yum! You can buy it in pretty much any supermarket. It can be found where all the other pasta's and Italian things are. There is the pre-made stuff (in a tube) and the grain stuff. The grain stuff takes a lot more preparation, but is super good! Give it a try, you will be impressed.

We put the Polenta under some chicken thighs. This is the first time in awhile that I have baked chicken with the "bone in," as I usually use skinless/boneless chicken cuts. It seemed to hold more flavor and possibly be more juicy. This may be my imagination.

I could put the recipe here, but I am way too giddy about the Blazer game (YEAHHH!!!!) so I will just link to the recipe, as I found it on FoodNetwork.com - I love you Rachel Ray!!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/italian-barbecued-chicken-with-polenta-recipe/index.html

It was pretty good. We had trouble thickening the Polenta, so we had to add extra corn-meal. That thickened it right up!

For desert we had:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/grilled-pineapple-with-nutella-recipe/index.html

WOW!

Goodnight PDX, and RIP CITY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment