Monday, January 18, 2010

Italian Sausage Gnocchi Soup


Ah, doughy and delicious gnocchi. I don't exactly know what these dumplings are, or where they come from, but I can tell you this much: The name looks Italian, they are a-freakin-mazing, and you can find them shrink-wrapped near the pasta at the super market.

  • Brown sausage in a pan - I used about 10 ounces, but I love Italian Sausage, you could probably go as low as 5.
  • Add a package of gnocchi (16 ounces), 2 cups of water, one can of italian style stewed tomatoes, one can of beef broth
  • Bring to a boil and simmer until the gnocchi float (it took mine about 5 minutes)
  • Top with Parmesan if you like it
The soup was easy, filling, and savory. It was rainy and cold today so I was ready for something warm and comforting. This was perfect. Give it a shot, if I can make it, you can too!

1 comment:

  1. I had the pleasure of eating this for lunch, as I missed dinner. My co-workers were jealous I think of my delicious smelling lunch! David - you are quite the chef

    ReplyDelete