Sunday, August 1, 2010

Vegetable Lasagna


I realized a very sad fact yesterday - I don't think I had used my oven in over 3 weeks.  For me - this is a shockingly long time.  And so, in honor of my neglected oven, I decided to whip up a meal that managed to use nearly every inch of my tiny counter space, cook-top and food processor - veggie lasagna.

I find that lasagna is one of those foods that makes you work for its delicious flavors - so many assembly items! But this one was worth it.
I used this Recipe but then changed it up a bit

The layers:
 - Whole wheat noodles (I typically use the whole box, because I like a sturdy lasagna)
 - Ricotta mixture
  • 15 oz carton of low-fat ricotta cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • a few teaspoons each of Italian seasoning & parsley
 - Vegetable layer
  • 12 oz of fresh spinach
  • 1 crown of broccoli
  • 3 carrots
  • Handful of mushrooms
 - Cheese - I gave low-fat mozzarella a try. I couldn't tell a taste difference.

This recipe made a very full 8x13" pan full of oozing layers - I think it weighed at least 3 lbs.

I'll eat my servings of vegetables like this any day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment