Thursday, August 12, 2010

Proscuitto & Turkey Paninis


I may have gotten sucked in - to the joy of New Seasons.

The story: On my way home from a client, I decided to stop by New Seasons to pick up some fixings for dinner.  It was right on the way, and didn't require much of a detour.  I've shopped at New Seasons before, but never have I realized how many choices of peanut butter they have!  I should have taken a picture - its mesmerizing. Almond butter, peanut butters of all flavors and varieties - I may have to try them all! Anyways - I did not go shopping with peanut butter in mind, nor did I buy any - but my, oh, my - I will definitely have to try some next time I shop.  The prices within New Seasons keep my little basket pretty light - but I came home with some fun stuff.

Dinner was semi random tonight - sandwiches, salad, and corn on the cob - this is what we end up with when I get caught up in the fun choices of the store. 

Paninis:
  • Gouda
  • Proscuitto
  • Herbed Turkey Breast
  • Honey Dijon Mustard
  • Ciabatta roll
And thanks to a Panini griddle that Cam gave to us one Christmas - we end up with pretty legit sandwiches - nice and crisp.

The corn on the cob was a great treat - so fresh and sweet - it was almost dessert.  I felt like I had been missing out - I've only had corn twice this summer!

A great meal to cook while trying to keep the kitchen cool during summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment