Saturday, July 31, 2010

Homemade Salsa


 A few days ago, David & I whipped up our first-ever batch of salsa.  With the acquisition of a food processor back in May, salsa has been on my list of foods to make. After making this stuff, I don't know if I'll ever buy the canned stuff off the shelf again. 

I just threw a bunch of stuff in the mix and didn't really follow a specific recipe:
  • 2 lbs of roma tomatoes
  • 2 jalapeno peppers
  • 2 Serrano chili peppers
  • a few tablespoons of garlic
  • handful of cilantro
  • 2 tsp of cumin
  • dash of salt
Whir it all up in the food processor until desired chunkiness level - we like it pretty liquidified.

I was pretty nervous at first throwing 4 hot peppers into the mix, as I'm not a big "hot" person - but the 2 lbs of tomatoes were enough to mellow it all out.  This batch made a LOT of salsa - next time, I'll probably cut it in half.  

Tasty delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment