Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lemony-Apricot Chicken



This chicken falls under the same type of cooking style as the Sweet-Spicy Pork below.  These were spaced a few days apart - I'm just posting in order of pictures that my camera card pops up with :) 

  • A few thin chicken breasts
  • tsp of curry powder, pinch of salt & pepper
  • juice & rind from 1 lemon
  • 1/3 cup of apricot preserves
I already had some apricot jam handy - and I never the buy that flavor of fruit - which makes me think I must have made something like this in the past.  The jam wasn't expired (does it expire)?, so I forged on.

Mix together curry powder, salt & pepper & rub on chicken.  Cook in pan until heated through. I didn't use any oil in my pan - so the curry created a burned on effect on the bottom of my pan - but the juice/jam mixture saved the day as it 'de-glazed' my pan.  Fancy.  Once chicken is cooked - remove from pan and stir in the lemon & apricot. The lemon and apricot heat up into a tangy fruit sauce, which paired well with the crustifed chicken curry bits on the bottom of my pan.  Spoon sauce over chicken & serve. 

David didn't eat this one up with as much vigor as the pork posted previously - but it made for some good leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment