Friday, May 21, 2010

Gnocchi with Spinach & Zucchini



I've been in a bit of a food rut lately.  I haven't really been too adventurous with our meals lately - so it was time to try something a little different.  We are a fan of gnocchi and its so easy to cook - so I just expanded a bit on how we've had it in the past.

  • 1 pkg of gnocchi
  • 10 oz bag of spinach
  • 2 small zucchini
  • 2 oz of Gouda (found in the specialty cheese section - I usually buy the smallest quantity I can find - so its not too expensive)

While the gnocchi cooks, saute sliced zucchini chunks until slightly crisp & browned - about 4 minutes.
Add a spoonful of garlic, then add spinach and cover for a few minutes until it all wilts.
Reduce heat and stir in 1/4 cup of milk and the 2oz of shredded Gouda, and stir in the gnocchi.

The flavor of the Gouda really added a different twist to this pretty simple dish.  The flavors didn't really lend themselves to hot sauce - so not sure this had the zing that David typically likes in his food - but I was happy to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment