Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chicken and Potato: CRITICAL FAILURE


Alternative Title: Steph lets David cook.

Well. That was certainly an adventure. Let me I'll give this recipe in first person and present tense:
  • First I cup up the chicken into bite size peices. Unfortunately we only had skin-on and bone-in chicken thighs. I should have taken this as a sign, but I ignorantly continued on
  • Shake up the bite size pieces of chicken with 2 tablespoons of flour, 2 teaspoons of paprika, and on a whim, a ton of powdered red pepper and other hot things I could find in the kitchen. This would prove to be a critical mistake
  • I shook and distributed over the chicken, threw it into a pan on Med-High and cooked with some a ridiculous amount of garlic, mushrooms, and whatever other random things I could chop up and throw in.
  • At this point, it started smoking. I was having a hard time being near the smoking inferno. Jake started snorting/coughing uncontrollably. It seems I used way too much red pepper. I saved Jake by letting him outside, and tried to brave the smoke as best I could.
  • I opened most the windows, but it did little to clear the fog. Bella started bleating her discomfort, and orbit tried to claw her way out the window. I pictured Stephanie finding me in the kitchen: Killed by cooking.
  • However, all ended up well. The smoke cleared and I seemed to have some kind of edible mess.
  • I threw it onto a potato.
  • I may never cook again.

Steph's poor pan...

2 comments:

  1. still looks pretty delicious to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did the pan get salvaged? If so, then no harm, no foul! Except maybe the dog...

    ReplyDelete