Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Turkey Burgers





I'm not the type to crave a big cheeseburger - my husband however, could probably eat big beefy burgers until the cows come home, and then perhaps eat those up too. I crave shrimp, he craves pizza and cheeseburgers. In an attempt to satisfy his appetite of burgers, I decided to whip up some turkey burgers tonight. Little did I know when whipping up this meal that I'd be eating solo (blazer game) - but that's ok - there's leftovers.


I know... turkey is not even as close to the satisfying taste of beef... but - it's the closest of a comprise as I could get myself to do.

Nothing too special about these burgers other than the following additions to the turkey:

  • 1 lb ground turkey

  • 1/4 cup breadcrumbs

  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan

  • 1 egg

  • dash of garlic powder
  • dash of Worcestershire

  • dash of dried parsley (for color)

I divided the 1 lb of meat mixture into 4 equal patties and cooked stovetop as I did not want to drag out the Foreman grill.

You'll know they are done when golden brown and no longer springy.


Served on jalapeno kaiser rolls and topped with a slice of provolone, a pretty decent turkey burger - move over Red Robin - you can keep your 700 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment